Registration for the 2017 parade is now closed. Thank you for your interest. We look forward to seeing you on June 24!
For questions, contact Hope at [email protected]. Download the application to register your group, company or organization to be in the annual North Shore Pride Parade. Submit the form via mail and pay via check. Or, you can complete the form online below and pay online.
Parade Rules, Terms and Conditions
Thank you so much for your participation in the North Shore Pride Parade and Festival. We are very grateful to the city of Salem for allowing us to hold such a history making event in their city. As such, there are some rules that North Shore Pride has agreed to for our Parade participants. Please read the rules below and sign acknowledgment and acceptance of those rules. Thank you again and Happy North Shore Pride!
1. Parade Time and Registration: The Parade begins at noon on June 24, 2017. The parade will occur rain or shine. There is no rain date for this parade so please come prepared. The parade begins in front of the Salem Post Office located at 2 Margin St. Salem, MA and ends at the Salem Common. Parade registration will be open at 10:00 a.m. Please come to the Parade Registration Tent across from the Salem Post Office on Margin Street (adjacent to the flag poles) to register your group and receive your parade set up location.
2. Motor Vehicle Participation Insurance Requirements: North Shore Pride must be identified as the certificate holder on your insurance binder/certificate of liability form. A copy of this form must be provided to North Shore Pride prior to the start of the parade.
3. Payment: Make checks payable to North Shore Pride, inc. You are required to send full payment. Checks must accompany the application. Please return with payment to North Shore Pride, Inc. PO Box #355, Manchester, MA 01944. If you are paying on-line via PayPal please use the link provided above to register and provide on-line payment.
4. Refunds: An application is a commitment to the event. If for some reason the event is not held, refunds will be made, otherwise there will be no refunds once accepted into the event. In the event of a need for cancellation of the event, a notice of cancellation will be posted on northshorepride.org and on twitter and facebook. The event will not be cancelled in the event of rain.
5. Returned Checks: The fee each time a bank returns a check is $35.00 The insufficient funds charge will be charged to the organization, group or individual submitting the parade registration. Full restoration payment to North Shore Pride, Inc. must be made in cash or via credit card within 1 week of notification of insufficient funds. The organization, group or individual will not be permitted to march in the North Shore Pride Parade until full payment for insufficient funds is received by North Shore Pride, Inc.
6. Applications: The blank Application and Agreement may be copied if you need more forms. Fill in ALL information and return with payment.
7. Notification: Notification of acceptance to the event will be sent as soon as the a decision is made, but no later than one week from the date of receipt of your application.
8. Parade Decorum: Parade participants are not permitted to throw items to observers. Items may be handed to observers along the parade route. No confetti is to be used. No nudity is allowed. No obscenities, either written or verbal, are permitted to be used. Each organization, group or person registered under their organization or group are permitted to carry banner(s) advertising their registered organization or group. Additional banners advertising an additional organization(s) or group(s) within that registered group will not be permitted unless that organization or group have paid a separate registration fee for that additional organization or group.
9. Parking: Vehicles in the parade will be directed to park in the parking lot immediately across from the Salem Post Office. Parade participants can park their personal vehicles in the 4 hour metered street parking or park in many of the city parking lots found at:
General Release andAcceptance of Rules: This application and agreement covers the 2017 North Shore Pride Parade and Festival. I/We the applicants have read the conditions of the event attached to this application and agree to abide by the conditions. I/we agree to assume full responsibility for my property. In addition, I/we do expressly release North Shore Pride, Inc. from any and all liability for any damage, injury, or loss of any person, business or property which may arise from participation in the North Shore Pride Parade and Festival and agree to hold and save the North Shore Pride, Inc. harmless of any damage, injury or loss by reason thereof. I/we understand that if this application is not accepted, all fees will be returned by mail. If this application is accepted, I/we give permission to use my name, business name, photo descriptions, item prices, photos or images take of me or my items for any and all purposes. I agree to all of the Conditions of the Event. Once accepted, I understand all fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.